Sunday, February 9, 2014

STRANGERS IN A BOX

Hello Everyone,

For a very long time I have been researching my family history, it has been around 30+ years. I have been lucky enough to inherit a lot of very old photos, some dating back to over 100 years old. Through all these years, there have been four photos in my family history photo box that I do not know who they are. They are definitely family members from way back, but who are they? Today I am posting these four photos and a verse relating to these photos. I hope you enjoy this.




STRANGERS IN A BOX

Come, look with me inside this drawer
In this box I've often seen
At the pictures, black and white
Faces proud, still and serene

I wish I knew the people
The strangers in the box
Their names and all their memories
Are lost amongst the socks

I wonder what their lives were like
How did they spend their days
What about their special times
I'll never know their ways

If only someone had taken time
To tell who, what and when
These faces of my heritage
Would come to live again

Could this become the tale
Of the pictures we take today
The faces and the memories
Someday to be tossed away

I've taken time to save these pictures
Seized the opportunity when it knocked
Otherwise yours and mine could be
The strangers in the box

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit.