Monday, February 17, 2014

KEYS TO THE PAST

Today is another rerun of a post I lost, but thought this book was worth mentioning again. My book is called Keys To The Past and is a book I made on my family heritage. This book is made from old manilla folders. I surely hope you enjoy this post.





The picture on the front cover is of my Great Grandfather and this book is on his family. Firstly I found as many old Manilla Folders I could, then I cut them out to the size of the pages I wanted in the book. I distressed the edges and then distressed the edges again with Tim Holtz Distress Ink  "Vintage Paper". This was a very time consuming job,. I then proceeded to make the pages. I covered the old folders with paper from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology range. Each page had a little something on it like a little pocket and in the pockets I have stories I also made tags which decorated the pages nicely.





I included a photo of the family on each page and a little story. I had a small diary which I included on a page that my great grandmother had written in for the year of 1941. That makes good reading, I popped extra photos in pockets and decorated the pages with old pieces of paper, trinkets, rub-ons from Kaisercraft and Heirloom Stickers I made the book for mum for that christmas but sadly she passed away suddenly in the November. So I have the book in safe keeping.

You can see the small diary on the LH page

After I had my pages decorated to how I wanted them I proceeded to make the cover and decorate it. The leaves on the cover are from a you- tube video I saw on how to make leaves from Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves Die. It is a fiddly and rather messy business to make them but they looked great. I then put the book together and bound down the back of it. I searched the internet for a leather fastener and found a lovely one.



I then made the box for the book from and old cardboard box I had, covering it as in the Tim Holtz Papers and distressing it all. I tied the box with a piece of Brown Organza ribbon and the project was finished.

Happy Scrapping!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit.