Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Baby Boy

Goodmorning Everyone,

Today I am featuring three pages we are doing in my Scrapbooking Class this week, the ladies have a choice of whatever one they would like or do their own design. I am teaching different ways to use Texture Paste. We are starting off by making our own Homemade Texture Paste by Gabrielle Polacco. It is a beautiful smooth and easy to use paste, great for beginners. For this particular page I added Gold Craft Paint instead of White Craft Paint. I saw this particular design on Pinterest and decided to do a similar page to the one I was looking at. I applied the texture paste using stencils and then while still wet, sprinkled over the wet paste Gold Glitter. I added a gold flower I had in my stash and embossed the stamp "Just so you know, I think you're Perfect" with Gold Embossing Powder. It is a very simple page, but looks so pretty with the Glitter.



My second page I did, I used my Brick Wall Stencil. I added Kaisercraft Mocha Paint when making my texture paste. When dry I then roughly coloured bricks with Distress Ink - Vintage Photo. Then with my finger rubbed over each brick with Gold Perfect Pearls. I wanted to put something on the wall, then decided to use my Ivy Die and some dark green cardstock, and hang it down from the top of the wall. Being a little girl photo I added some flowers to the Ivy to brighten the page.

ONE OF A KIND



My third display page is done using the Kaisercraft Die - Butterflies. I applied the white texture paste to my white cardstock and then when dry sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst -Cotton Candy Pink. The Chipboard Circle is from Blue Fern Studios. I painted the Chipboard white and then added pink glitter randomly over the chipboard. It is a simple page but effective, I have two beginners starting on Saturday and thought this page would be an easy one for them to do.

BALLET CLASS
 

I did these three backgrounds then put them under a heavy book for a couple of days and when I removed them the cardstock was nice and even again. Thank you for taking the time to look at my pages and I hope you enjoy your time on Scrappy Hollow. I have posted Gabrielle Polaccos recipe for the Homemade Texture Paste on my blog but for anyone who wants to try it out here it is again.

HOMEMADE TEXTURE PASTE by Gabrielle Pollacco

1/4 cup Talcum Powder
(I used Johnson's Baby Powder to make it smell good too!!)
1 Tablespoon White All purpose School Glue
1 Tablespoon White Craft Paint
Some Water

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit.